1.1K views
New Reviewer
11 comments
stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full stars-rating-full

Have a 201* 680. 160,000 miles.

Steering column vibrates badly. XM radio reception cuts out - water leaks into cab and under bunk in storage area - banging sounds under cab - bunk light turns on by itself - fuel gauge inaccurate - throttle response in reverse is very poor and slow. KW has failed to fix any of these issues even though I've been back numerous times.

The drive train has a shake or vibration.

Took the driveshaft out and inspected all u-joints. They were good. Looked at rear end fluid. It was good.

Looked at power divider fluid. BURNED looking with lots of metal shavings. Not I get to fight with KW to cover power divider repair under warranty.

They like to use the term "driver abuse". Our Cascadia is twice the truck as the 680.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Monetary Loss: $3000.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Kenworth Truck Company Cons: Customer service ans quality of product.

Do You Have Something To Say ?
Write a review

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

You will be automatically registered on our site. Username and password will be sent to you via email.
Post Comment

Kenworth t680. Vibrating Issued.

Have take the drive lines. U joins. Med vearing. Waigh .

ajusthing Crown and pinion on diferential. Check motor amount.and still have.

The Vibrating issued. Could be the damper ?

I work for a company in mexico call trip mexicana .. Have problem on vibrating.

Issued. We have done alot test on this issued. Since we can solve the. Vibrating problem..have machine shope the drive lines .

change the mid vearing.

Wight on shaff. But still Vibrating.

My 2015 T680 had a severe vibration that was never totally solved, dealer put on dampener. radio/gps would lock up untill restart, small side bunk lights would turn by themselves from static electricity, cab clearance lights leaked, the company got cheap and used open cell gasket (like a sponge) and after several complaints replaced part with a thicker open cell gasket, what happened to rubber gaskets??? My 2018 same crap!

Jerry reed the bandit sweety pie and Annie too would be ashamed of the automatic t680....need to burn it all it's good for is scrap metal if their is even any metal in it ......it *** me off so bad I cry ......id rather have a horse n a beer wagon that's easier to get them to back up.....kenworth is junk

My 2015 and 2018, purchased from new both have a vibration problem. My dealer tried everything and even put a dampener on frame of the 2015. The 2018 has different engine, trans, suspension and tires and it's doing the same crap, cannot run team operations like thisKarenk138@***.net

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1439742

The wife and i cant takethe bibration in the bunk no more cant sleep while your head lays on a vibrator

we have a brand new 2018 T680 Kenworth and it's been shaking since the day I *** jumped into it I think Kenworth take this truck and shove it up their *** because nobody can find it the shake is so bad in the truck that when you wake up out of the sleep or you're *** eyes are hitting the floor we've had the tires changed we've had the driveshaft change the yolk change the shocks change aligned all kinds of ***

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1389467

Please contact me @ karenk138@***.net I have a few questions

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1440709

I think the weight on a drive . have to mach the other fron pice from the near drive to the transmicion...or.

May be a wearing bearing on trans.. Or twist drive line

Tyson driver here. Reverse throttle response is terrible!!!

Water/condensation underneath bunk. APU doesnt cut the mustard on a hot day. Very low fan speed even on high. *** is super slow.

Ive had the 2016 for 2 weeks and was stuck in Indianapolis /Kenworth dealership for 4 days for a friggin alt pulley /belt oh!!!, and yet another day for the reverse threaded nut that comes with (or not) the alternator. 4 days!!!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1193434

me too n I hate my kw

Kenworth Truck Company Reviews

1. 39 reviews
  2. 8 reviews
  3. 5 reviews
  4. 3 reviews
  5. 6 reviews
Kenworth Truck Company reviews